James O'Hara, PA-C is a board certified physician assistant who works in Virginia Heart’s Falls Church, Alexandria, Arlington and Fair Oaks offices. He also sees Virginia Heart patients at Inova Fairfax, Inova Alexandria and Inova Loudoun hospitals as well as at Virginia Hospital Center.
James earned his master’s degree in health studies from The George Washington University in Washington, DC, and attributes his interest in electrophysiology to his background in physics and his fascination with the conduction system. His goal is to help his patients obtain a better grasp of their arrhythmia issues and to educate them on heart health.
In his free time, James enjoys road racing, autocross, mile racing, jiu jitsu, medical mission trips and time spent with his dog, Piper.
- Master of Science, Physician Assistant | George Washington University
- Bachelor of Science, Clinical Management and Leadership | George Washington University
- Board Certified, Physician Assistant
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified
- Registered Rhythm Analysis Technician
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- Registered Cardiographic Technician
Affiliations & Awards
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Association of Physician Assistants in Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International
- Inova Fairfax Hospital