During the past 30 years, Virginia Heart has grown into the region's premier cardiovascular group. Our more than 40 physicians diagnose and treat the full spectrum of disorders affecting the body's heart and vascular systems.
What sets Virginia Heart apart from other cardiovascular practices? Our physicians and staff have extraordinary credentials with an unrivaled depth and breadth of expertise and experience. Consider the following:
- Cardiovascular Specialists - Our depth of specialists and sub-specialists is unmatched in the Northern Virginia area. We have a full complement of general cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiologists with interests in peripheral vascular disease, congenital heart conditions, women's heart issues and sleep disorders, as these frequently impact heart function as well.
- Experience - Research shows that physicians who have extensive experience often have better patient outcomes. Last year alone our physicians treated more than 9,000 new patients -- more than any other practice in the area. We also performed close to 1,000 device implant and ablation procedures and over 3,000 catheterizations and balloon/stent procedures. We see more. We do more, making us highly experienced with a variety of heart problems.
- Research - Virginia Heart's Research Center is committed to leading and participating in a variety of clinical trials and offering our patients the ability to participate in cutting edge research.
- Team Approach - Our physicians work with both the patient and his referring physician to tackle each patient's unique cardiac needs. Our physicians also collaborate with one another and our advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) to optimize your care and experience.
- Leadership - Our physicians hold leadership positions in many professional societies and in all of the hospitals in which we see patients. As a result, we have been able to shape the care that our patients receive in-hospital, so that they receive the best when they need it most.
- Board Certification - Our physicians have specialized training in cardiology/cardiovascular disease. Many are additionally board certified in specialty areas, including electrophysiology, echocardiography and nuclear cardiology, which involves more education and training enabling us to treat even the most complicated conditions.
- Convenience & Accessibility- We have 9 locations throughout Northern Virginia and are on staff at the following hospitals:
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Virginia Hospital Center
- Reston Hospital Center
- StoneSprings Medical Center