The preparation and the test take approximately forty five minutes to complete. To ensure the highest quality of testing please follow the instructions below.
Preparation for the Test
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- DO NOT take your beta blocker 24 hours prior to the test unless otherwise instructed by your provider. Common names for these medications include Carvedilol, Metoprolol, Atenolol and Propranolol.
- You may take all of your other medication at their prescribed times.
- It is OK to have a light meal on the day of your test.
- Drink plenty of water and make sure you are well hydrated before the test.
- Clothing should be appropriate to exercise in:
Men - Loose fitting or athletic comfortable shorts, jogging pants, or loose trousers are OK with athletic or rubber-soled shoes. You will be asked to remove your top for the test.
Women - Shorts, loose fitting slacks or athletic pants are OK with athletic or rubber-soled shoes. You will be asked to change into a gown from the waist up for the test.
- Do not apply lotions, powders or oil on the skin the day of the test.
What to Bring
- Current List of your Medications.
- Your insurance card. Without it, you will be asked to sign a waiver stating your responsibility for payment of the test.
- Prescription Order. If any physician other that your cardiologist ordered your test, a prescription order with the name of the test and diagnosis is needed for the test to be performed.
- Paperwork. New patients (or those who haven't been seen in the last 2 years) are required to fill out the Patient History and Patient Privacy forms. You may complete this paperwork at our website 48 hours prior to your visit or in the office the day of your test. If you choose to complete your paperwork in the office please arrive 30 minutes prior to your test.