Having a heart healthy weight is important.
- For many Virginia Heart patients, the first step to regaining their heart health begins with achieving a healthy weight, since obesity is a significant risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Extra weight strains the heart and blood vessels by raising LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, while lowering "good" HDL cholesterol. It results in high blood pressure and can often lead to diabetes.
- Diabetics face a significantly higher risk of heart attacks than the general population since high blood glucose levels over time can increase deposits of fatty materials on the insides of the blood vessel walls. These deposits may affect blood flow, increasing the chance of clogging and hardening of the blood vessels (atherosclerosis).
- Virginia Heart offers the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program to help our patients lose weight through a realistic and proven program of diet and education. It provides a personalized approach to setting weight loss goals based on each patient’s health profile and offers support from a team of medical experts who offer weekly coaching sessions on ways to live smarter and healthier.
What is Ideal Protein?
- The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a medically designed protocol used in thousands of physician practices and clinics worldwide. The protocol has evolved for over 20 years, originally developed by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh who focused his career and research on nutrition with a particular emphasis on the treatment of obesity and obesity related health issues.
- The core principle of the Ideal Protein diet is to restrict carbohydrate intake while providing an adequate amount of protein and micronutrients, to encourage the body to use stored fat for fuel. Simple and complex carbohydrates can prevent weight loss, because the first source of energy is derived from glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves. Therefore, it is necessary to deplete the glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves completely, in order to compel the body to consume its own fat reserves for energy.
- Ideal Protein foods and supplements are made with high-quality protein that is effectively absorbed by the body to support each patient’s metabolism while also protecting muscle mass so they can maintain their calorie burning abilities post-diet.
Meet The Coaches
- Virginia Heart is committed to your success. Each patient has an assigned Health Coach to help guide them through your weight loss program. We have coaches available at seven Virginia Heart locations: Alexandria, Arlington, Fair Oaks, Fairfax, Reston, Stone Springs and Loudoun.
Virginia Heart Now Offers IdealSmart!
Ask your Ideal Protein Coach if this new technology support is right for you!
Virginia Heart is authorized to use the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method and Products. Results while following the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program may vary by person.
Copyright 2012 Ideal Protein. All rights reserved.