Elizabeth (Betty) Dunning
- General Cardiology
Elizabeth (Betty) Dunning, DNP, MS, AGACNP-BC is a certified adult gerontology acute care nurse practitioner and works with Virginia Heart patients primarily at Alexandria Hospital.
She earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing and a Doctorate of Nursing Practice from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. She also holds a Master of Science degree from the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, VA. Betty’s nursing career began as an Army nurse at the original Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC where she was assigned to the Thoracic Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit. She has maintained a focus in acute cardiac care since that time.
Betty enjoys incorporating hiking with travel and has managed to visit all 50 states and four continents. As season ticket holders and avid fans of UVA men's basketball, she and her husband make frequent outings to Charlottesville and the Blue Ridge mountains.
“Having witnessed numerous changes in the delivery of health care over the past 45 years, I am committed to holistic patient care and advocacy.”
- Doctor of Nursing Practice | University of Virginia
- Post-Master's Certificate, Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner | University of Virginia
- Master of Science | Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing | University of Virginia
- Board Certified, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified, Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certified
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Nurses Association
Affiliations & Awards
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital