One of our major goals is to use our experience and expertise to get you well, and then give you the tools and education to stay well. In addition, we hope to empower patients and families to make informed decisions about their health and to communicate more effectively with medical personnel.
Our online information is part of our education efforts. It provides a full library of print resourses on all aspects of cardiovascular care and wellness in patient-friendly language. Our online education center is organized as follows:
- A Wellness section, which is accessible to anyone using this website, will help you identify and implement strategies that will enhance your overall cardiovascular wellness with topics ranging from eating to lower high blood pressure to exercising for heart health.
- A Personal Health Information Account, which requires a special "practice code" that can be obtained from your Virginia Heart physician, provides vastly expanded articles targeted to your condition and much more.
- A chart of cardiovascular conditions and diseases, which offers an overview of cardiovascular problems.
- A listing of cardiovascular tests that your physician might suggest to diagnose a problem.
- A listing of treatments that your physician may recommend.